Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Photography: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens - Sample Picture



When I decided to replace my Nikon D3100 with D90, I also thought that I would need to let my D3100 go to compensate the cost of the D90 body. In that case, I would also need to let go the Nikkor 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G lens that came along with the D3100 I purchased about 3 years ago. I hardly used the lens since I had a more versatile and the ideal all-in-one Tamron 18-270 mm f/3.5-6.3 lens. However, I've been thinking of having another lens for quite a while. Some people say that it is a "must have" lens, mainly for general photography. It is a standard wide aperture Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX lens, sometimes referred as "prime lens".

A brand new AF lens would cost around £120-130, while a second-hand lens would cost around £95-110, depending on conditions. So after giving so much thoughts about it, I then decided to get a brand new lens, as its price does not differ much from a second-hand lens. 

Sample picture taken by Nikon D3100 with Nikkor 35 mm f/1.8G AF-S lens



The main advantage of the lens is its wide aperture, i.e. up to f/1.8, thus makes it fast enough to capture fast movement. At wide aperture, I could increase the shutter speed without the need to use high ISO that would decrease image quality due to noise.Without a doubt, the image is simply stunning I would say. The displayed picture is just one of the earliest that I took using my Nikon D3100 with the Nikkor 35 mm f/1.8G lens.

No comments: