Friday, May 15, 2015

Photography: Macro Photography Shots


Some macro photography shots I've seen on the web were simply stunning, that made me thinking to have another lens - a macro lens. Other simpler words to describe macro photography is "close-up photography", not just an ordinary close-up, but an extreme close-up. Smashingmagazine.com defines macro photography as the art of taking close-up pictures that reveal details which can’t be seen with the naked eye.

I've had this 60 mm Micro Nikkor AF f/2.8D lens for about 5 months now. It's a macro lens, though Nikon name their macro lens as "micro" lens (I don't know why). I just wish that one day I'll have the chance to really go deeper into macro photography, and capture some stunning pictures like a real pro. I love nature very much! Though the lens that I purchased is not for a pro photographer, but based on some reviews I've read, it is not a bad start for someone who would like to venture into macro photography.  

I haven't really had much time to start using the lens quite seriously. Probably I need to go into the wild, and isolate myself from the crowd to be able to explore the lens and find the ideal shots. I tried a few shots anyway, not too far from where I lived, basically to get some insights of how good (or bad) my so-called macro photography skills. Some of the pictures are as follows. They're not good enough (not close enough, and less sharp), but the good thing is, I will only get better in the future, hopefully.. :p  


I don't know what flower is this.



A much closer look at the flower


  
This one is known as Senduduk


No comments: