Saturday, May 16, 2015

"If I were the Prime Minister in 2020"


Back in 1995, when I was in Standard 6, I was selected to represent the school in an inter-school public speaking competition called "Pertandingan Pidato Di Raja". I went on and won the competition with quite a clear margin, judging based on the crowd reaction at that time.

The tittle of my speech was "Seandainya Saya Sebagai Perdana Menteri pada tahun 2020." While on stage, I spoke like a true politician -lobbying and campaigning as if I was asking people to support me and vote for me, but never did I say anything bad about my "opponents" at that time. It was truly one of the moments I would never forget, the one and only moment I acted and spoke like a "politician".

I know it was not real, and it never will. But deep inside my heart until now, when I see things around me, things that I thought are wrong, things that could be much improved, I wish that one day, all those words I uttered about 20 years ago will become reality. Though I very much doubt that I shall be capable of doing it, I pray that God will not abandon me and guide me all the way to the end.

----
 
Only if I have the political power, and more importantly human compassion, I would have offered the people of Rohingya some food and shelters without any condition, and that's the least I could and must do as a human being. So when God calls and questions me of what did I do the moment my brothers and sisters were left to starve until death while I had the power to act, I would be able to tell Him that I've done my part and leave the judgment to Him, for He is the best to Judge.

The reality is, no one would listen to me.. it's just a tiny and unheard voice.

p/s: Terima kasih para guruku, atas segala nasihat & tunjuk ajarmu.. Selamat Hari Guru..

16 May 2015

No comments: