Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Farewell Gathering

Alhamdulillah, at last I managed to accomplish all the tasks (EIT Visits) assigned to me before my study leave period starts. But still I have to mark the report & submit all the necessary documents to EIT unit later. I went to Kelantan on last Saturday to visit all the five students currently doing their EIT there. I actually grabbed the chance to spend few days at my kampung before moving to Penang soon. I visited three students at Institute for Molecular Medicine (INFORMM), Health Campus of USM on Sunday, and the other two students at Majlis Perbandaran Kota Bharu (MPKB) on Monday. Then, I went back to KL on Tuesday. Lot of things happened while I was in Kelantan (other than the visits), both good and terrible. I might have thought that it was better not to go back when I keep thinking about those terrible moments. Well, let’s not talk about it. At least it was worth enough when I saw my mom’s face, smiling and crying. Mom, Insya Allah, one day, your son will fulfill all your dreams and turn your tears to smile, no more crying and suffering.

On Friday, 20th June 2008, 3:00 pm, we had a small farewell party at the Biomolecular Engineering Research Unit (Bio-MERU) meeting room. The party was actually initiated & organized by Syahida, Shima, Alawiyah, Husna & Ain for me, Deena & Amirul (hehe..I guessed so) since the three of us will be leaving IIUM by end of June. It was a surprise for us. We didn’t expect that they have planned the party for us. It was also the last day I met all of them because when I come back from EIT visit in Kelantan, they would have left to Terengganu for the BIOTEK Project Meeting there. Though simple, the word ‘thank you’ should be the best & most suitable word to express my gratitude for their kindness and advocacy that they have given. May our friendship remain forever, amin..

Some faces that will still stay in IIUM after my leave..the RAs


See you again!

I slightly feel that, eventually, I’m able to leave. It’s time for me to leave, enough of being left. Haha! There were few companions close to me have left before. It started with Faraz who left to Carnegie Mellon Uni, then Aimi to LGM, Kak Maya to UPSI, Illiey to UMIST, Shareef to NUS, Prof. Farouk to UBD, Kak Anis to UPM, and lastly Faizal to ASM. Syahida had joined the group just before Prof. Farouk left, and only Faizal, Kak Anis & Amirul were here at that time, not forgetting my dear wife too. After Dr. Hamzah took over the project as a leader, then Shima, Ain, Alawiyah & Husna came, to be part of the family. Yeah, this is life. Some people come into our lives and quickly go, and some stay for awhile. No one will stay at one place forever. Life is dynamic, rite? Wish everyone happy in their path, may the success be ours!

Thanks!

3 comments:

Illi Puad said...

ASM tu ape nazri? bro zahir skrg ni keje ktne ek? oh, lupe lak..i tot dah tulis kt comment sblm ni..u've been tag in my blog..hehe..tq (just for the sake of the rules;i've to inform the people i've tagged.)

mr fotografer said...

Oho...ASM tu stands for Akademi Sins Malaysia. Dia kat sana as Science Officer rsnya. Yup, i knew that u've tagged me in ur blog, dah tgk pun. Cuma hari tu x sempat nak bg respon sbb busy nak balik kelantan. Hr ni last keje di uia sbb esok nak gerak ke Taiping, then ke Penang.

mr fotografer said...

sorry..bukan 'Sins' tp 'Sains'.. huhu.