Saturday, September 29, 2007

13 Days of Ramadhan to go..

A friend of mine has told me once, if we’d like to be a good speaker, try not to mix few different languages when we communicate with others, i.e., Malay + English. To show that we’re really capable of using that language, then why not we fully use that language when we communicate everyday, at least for a complete sentence. In reality, we tend to mix between Malay and English, in fact it has become part of ‘our language’. Sometimes, we struggle to find words in our own language to express certain things, thus we prefer to use English words. Is that a sign that we’re still not good enough in our own language? But at the same time, we’re still not good enough in using English language too. It happens to almost all of us, even to me. Think about it… Maybe Japanese speaking people are better in this matter (if they don’t mix between Japanese and English).
Today, 17 of Ramadhan 1428 Hijrah.. 29 September 2007.., People say, the Nuzul Qur’an day, and I believed in that too. But to be honest, I don’t really sure, was that the day where the first Qur’anic verse (Surah al-‘Alaq) was delivered to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) by Allah SWT through His Angel? So, hope someone who knows about this, can clarify it.
Also, it's my pleasure to wish one of my friends, who is currently fighting and struggling for her PhD in Manchester, Noor Illiey Mohamad Puad, Happy 24th Birthday. May your birthday be as magnificent as you are. And I wish this would be the best I can give you as my friend.

It’s not the issue of Nuzul Qur’an that I’d like to highlight today, but trying to find some good and interesting topics to be shared together since I haven’t updated my blog for quiet sometimes too. My life in UIAM, hmm.. I guess, nothing great for the time being. Just a normal routine. And in 13 days from now, we shall celebrate E’idul Fitri, and I’m quite sure that most of the people around me will be leaving soon, plus some who already left before. And just now, Shareef has also left…he’s going back to Dubai tomorrow, to celebrate the E’id with the beloved family. Thanks to Allah, for still allowing us to be with our family. For those who are abroad and first time to celebrate E’id without the family (I took pity on it), take this as one of the tests and challenges from Him. Whatever happens, perjuangan tetap diteruskan..Gambatte!!
We are now in the second phase of Ramadhan, which is the phase of forgiveness from Allah SWT. And Insya Allah, in 3 days, we’ll enter the third phase, the phase of avoidance from the hell fire. Let us together fight for the glorious and precious Lailatul Qadr this time. Never let our ibadah to abate because of E’id celebration. May Allah, in the end, allow us to graduate from this School of Ramadhan this year with the First Class Degree Honor, the best ever award in our life, amin…

Let us look back to our last Ramadhan, 1427 H. What have we achieved? Or we just absconded from the School last year, and gained nothing? Not even the third class degree? Whatever we did last year, good or bad, as Muslims, we should always ameliorate our performance. People say, “Orang beriman tidak melakukan kesilapan berulang kali. Orang beriman takkan terjatuh ke dalam lubang yg sama utk kali ke-2. Orang beriman takkan dipatuk ular utk kali ke-2, di tempat yg sama”. May Allah grant us the strength and desire to strive for it!

I have written an article (is it article..? whatever..) about "Episod Ramadhan Hidupku" in the previous issue (hehe..like magazine style). Now, let us look at some significant episodes during Ramadhan and E’id 1426 and 1427 H, especially in UIAM. The most that I remember was when we had final exam during Ramadhan. We were struggling in the very last minutes in a study room, at E1 level 3. Tun Abdul Muiz, Yusuf, Syarif & Yasser must always remember that too. We went to bazar and had iftar together in that room, and even Terawih Prayer at KAED surau. All those memorable events are still fresh in my thoughts. To Muiz, Yusuf, Syarif and Yasser, regardless of where you are and what you’re doing now, I post some of the photos in my blog, just to share with others. But, after going through all those days, in the end, I was left alone at the department..uhuk3 (since they’ve finished their study in 3 and half years). Sayonara...!!


Berbuka Puasa dalam Study Room, E1 Level 3

Berbuka puasa dalam Study Room, E1 Level 3



Beberapa juadah segera ketika berbuka puasa di surau Engineering.. jug tu Muiz yg bawak...hehe


But then I realized that I was not alone. There were still some good friends of mine, who have spent times together, especially when we were doing final year project at Molecular and Project development labs (and actually other labs too). Instead of just doing own works, they were always there to lend their hands and ideas. It’s true, friends should bolster each other. I still remember, on the same date as today (29 September), it was just the beginning of Ramadhan, and we were in the lab doing the project. It was a tough, but actually nice experience to work in the lab during Ramadhan. There were few days that I had to break my fast in the lab, alone... Huhu, very painful. 2 or 3 days days, I stayed in the lab till midnight just for the chromatography process. It was enough for me. Enough is enough!! Haha…anyway, not everyone had that experience. But most of the days, I had some companions who were working together. Thanks to all of you… Noor Illiey, Aimi Izyana & Putri Fatimah..also, special thanks to my 'aDik KeChiK' for lending me your hand while I was running chromatography process:-)) Piece!!
I guess that’s enough for today. If I have time and idea, then I’d love to continue with the story of Hari Raya later..Insya Allah:-))

-Mohd Nazri Mohd Nawi
29 Sept 2007 / 17 Ramadhan 1428H
3:13 pm

4 comments:

Illi Puad said...

huhu...really makes me remember back all those old days.bermcm2 kejadian dan pengalaman yg kite semua lalui..sume itu xakan dpt diulang ataupn diganti.ape yg baik kita jadikan pedoman dan ape yg pahit jadikn pengajaran.Semoga hari yang lebih indah dan cerah akan menjadi milik kita..(huh?)

(nazri, thnx for putting a paragraph mentioning about me...hehe...famous jap rase) Peace!

mr fotografer said...

Piece...piece!! takpe2...hehe

Anonymous said...

aa... kenangan terindah!!! huhuhu

ibnul'araby said...

Dato' Nazri telah mengingatkanku akan detik2 penuh sejarah itu... Buka pose tak sempat lepas kerongkong dah nk kena masuk exam.. huhu.. Mmg dugaan yg amat besar la tatkala tuh.. Tapi alhamdulillah, keberkatan Ramadhan membuatkan ku mencipta sejarah peribadi dalam hidup..

Thanks guys..! Korang sume inspirasiku..!